
Around 7 plus pm, the two 'Muttons' from 987FM (listeners will know who) came out to continue the audience warmup. They worked the crowd and we rehearsed cheers for the contestants.
Near the broadcast time of 8, the two hosts, Gurmit and Dan, came out and briefed us on some things, including the opening sequence and what to do when the contestants sing and judges comment. Then we cheered.
At 8pm exactly, Gurmit counted down and with a bang, Singapore Idol started. I was sitting in the Jonathan section, so there were plenty of girls screaming and shouting whenever he came on stage. Damn, I nearly went deaf. Anyway, here's a pic of the stage. Not very clear, thanks to my dumb phone camera.

It was decided that Jon should go first, and Hady second. Jon kicked off with Chasing Cars from Snow Patrol. Not bad, but I think Round 1 went to Hady, who sang George Michael's Freedom.
Round 2 was Jon singing the original song "You Give Me Wings". Hady sang "Through The Fire" from Chaka Khan. I thought Hady was a bit wobbly here, so Jon wins.
Round 3 was tough. Hady sang the original song, while Jon sang a local song, Should I Stay. Tough choice, but I think Jon just about edges it.
Anyway, it all went by rather fast. It really didn't felt like one and a half hours. It was as if everything went by in a flash. I guess you can say I had a good time, but man, those screaming fans!
What an experience...